Will YOU be the next Toastmaster of the Year?
Every year the club has a “Toastmaster of the Year” score tabulation to find the best all rounder member.
The Rules of the Award (taken from new member acceptance manual)
1) All members are automatic contenders. However the president shall abstain from standing for the TOY contest.
2) The contest starts on 1 July 2011 and ends on 30 June of 2012
3) Points will be given based on the Award Scoring System.
4) The panel of judges shall comprise the President, the Vice-President Education, and the Vice-President Membership. The decision of the judges shall be final.
5) The results will be announced and the award presented during the Club Installation Dinner in 2012.
6) The results of the contest will also be published in the club’s bulletin and website.
In order to become a contender for the TOY award, please download the file attached in your email and keep an up to date record of role plays you have undertaken during all Toastmasters meetings taking place between 1 July 2011 and 30 June 2012.
In addition to our home club role plays during club meetings and club contests, any role plays undertaken in other clubs are also taken into account in the scoring system. It is really up to YOU to record the dates and role plays attempted correctly. This is also to encourage members to be proactive and keep track of their own learning as they improve and progress gradually through regular practice and participation in the club meetings and contests.
At the end of the term, please send the file with the tabulated scores back to the ME, Vice-President Membership for verification. Upon and compilation of all members scores, the winner will be announced during the Installation Night held in next year.
Hoo Sze Ling
Vice-President Membership 2011/2012